This is a unique shaped drone… sorta looks like a beetle. The Dromida Kodo Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Ready to Fly Drone Quadcopter with Camera is an interesting gadget to fly. It is extremely rugged in tough molded plastic and has the ability to survive crashes.
This is a lightweight drone and with its special stabilizing system it is easier for a novice to handle. The drone is made from highly durable tough plastic that is crash resistant. It is a pre-assembled quad, except for the prop guards that need fitting, especially if you are flying indoor.
Dromida Kodo Features:
- The quadcopter has 3- axis gyro and 3 accelerometers that help to stabilize the flight and makes maneuvering easy for the pilot.
- The unimpressive camera on the Kodo drone has the ability to take pictures of 1.2 MP in jpeg format and 780 x 480 AVI format videos.
- The remote controller has Mode 1 and Mode 2 in order to facilitate the pilot to select and configure controls as per individual preference. The controller is equipped with Secure Link Technology (SLT) that helps in establishing secure and unbreakable connection between the transmitter and the receiver (drone). This way, the signals pass perfectly for a safe flight.
- A special Auto-flip button makes the drone take a 3D flip in a very controlled manner.
- Bright LED lights make tracking and piloting simpler.
- Does not require FAA registration.
What’s Inside the Package
1 – Kodo quadcopter with camera,
1 – 3.7V LiPo battery,
1 – USB charger,
4 – plastic prop guards,
4 – extra blades (2 black 2 white),
1 – instruction manual,
1 – Q105 radio control with 2.4 GHz technology and 2 AAA batteries for the controller.
1 – 2 GB memory card
1 – card reader.
There are three flight modes – Easy, Normal and Expert. You can perfect the art of maneuvering on Easy mode. The special tough plastic makes this quad safe against accidents and crashes. Luckily, the package includes batteries for the controller too. Thus, you can start your flying exercise almost immediately.
This is a very basic model of drone without any fancy frills. The camera is also very basic with average picture quality and very low- resolution videos. Another disadvantage is that being a very low cost drone, it does not have the FPV (first person view) facility. Therefore, you cannot see what you are shooting and you have to record the videos on blank discretion. However, it records on the 2 GB SD card from which you can access the videos later for viewing. 2GB is barely any capacity to store videos, so in a way the card is a useless inclusion. There is only a single rechargeable LiPo battery included. This can give a short fly time. Besides, the USB charger does not come with the plug in, so either you connect it to a plug on wall or to your computer for charging.
This is just a practice purpose drone that does not have any high-end features. If you are buying drone for the first time and wish to get an experience in flying them, then go ahead and buy it.