Underwater Digital Cameras are designed to capture the beautiful ocean life and could be used both underwater and above water. A few reputed companies in the field include Olympus, Nikon, Kodak, Canon and Sony.
Film Underwater Cameras Vs. Underwater Digital Cameras
Underwater digital cameras are a better option than film cameras for several reasons.
- There is no risk of running out of film.
- The underwater digital cameras have the option of deleting bad shots, changing resolutions and taking additional shots.
- For wide-angle photography under dim light conditions, digital cameras are a better bet, as film cameras produce fuzzy backgrounds.
- The quality of pictures in high resolution is appreciable, and images are really sharp.
- While using a strobe, film cameras are limited to the extent of providing shutter speeds in the range of 1/60th to 1/250th of a second, whereas the underwater digital cameras have no mechanical shutters and could be easily used for speeds of 1/800th of a second.
Other Advantages Of Underwater Digital Cameras
Underwater digital cameras are light weight, compact and hence best suited for travel. They are equipped to capture images four times the depth of field. The built-in lens of underwater digital cameras provides a larger zoom range with minimum focus ability of less than eight inches. An underwater digital camera, typically, allows a 100 degree wide-angle shot to zoom to 1:3 macro shot without any change of lenses, if you have a quality aspheric housing port.
For those of you who need to transfer the files in the digital camera to slides, and feel it is an expensive procedure, you could directly plug them to the television for an image display or the digital projectors for excellent images, and these could be accompanied by professional presentations and audio tracks.
The best advantage digital cameras are those that are best suited for those looking for instant results. Shooters who look for 11 in x 14 in prints or quick web posts are likely to be thrilled with the results of the digital camera. Underwater digital cameras are probably the best solution for all new shooters who are comfortable with computers. The instant feedback received while using an underwater digital camera, makes ocean life photography all the more interesting